16 December 2009

Easy Christmas Yum

I needed an easy treat to package up and hand out to all of Maddie's teachers this year.  I usually make and decorate hundreds of cookies (with help of family and friends).  This year there is NO TIME.  I wanted something cute, pretty and tasty.  This is a no bake recipe I found for coconut ice.  I know my friend Rachel is disappointed as she reads this because a) she loves new recipes and b) she hates coconut.....but for all of you out there who fit description a) only I think you will like this.

Coconut Ice:







14 oz Condensed Milk
12 oz Desiccated Coconut
1 lb 2 oz Powdered (Icing) Sugar
Red (or pink) food coloring
8' Square Pan
Waxed or Parchment Paper


Line pan with paper
In a large bowl mix everything together but the food coloring
Divide mixture in half
Color half the mixture pink with food coloring
Press layer of white into pan followed by layer of pink
Refrigerate until set

Cut into cute squares and place into a festive tin or jar or box

voila - coconut heaven!  (just try it Rachel - be a big girl)

3 comments:

Lily Ruth's Mama said...

I forgot to tell you that I like coconut now! Titti brought these yummy treats back from Florida then I started using coconut oil on Lily's dry dry skin, and voila - now I like coconut!

kittyn_uk said...

Wonderful - next time you are here I can make you a REAL Thai Curry with coconut milk. Is the jury still out on parsley?

kittyn_uk said...

Okay so I just made the coconut ice and it turned out beautifully. I tasted the coconut ice and if you like a fantastic sugar rush then this one is for you. A word of caution for those that don't think sugar is JUST SUPER, then please eat only a small amount and give the rest away. Preferably not to kids - I hate to imagine what it would do to them!!!

Post a Comment