23 February 2011

No 'poo' Day 4 - Robert Palmer eat your heart out....

Day 4 of no shampoo - yes, Day 4.  I have to say that I felt really sluggish today and I am officially blaming it on my lack of hair volume.  Now that I got that off my chest here is how today played out. 

After yesterday's debacle I didn't have very high hopes for today from the get-go.  Maddie and I had NO plans today, so I decided to skip the wash and just do a rinse instead.  Also, because the ends of my hair felt so dry, I put a tiny bit of conditioner in.

Although my hair felt a bit better (still greasy but not so dirty) it looked derranged.  I decided that the only thing to do would be raid Maddie's hair band basket and grab some accessories.  I opted for two ponytails with a zig zag part down the middle.  I kept the 'tails' up high and slightly forward.  I looked like an insane mouseketeer - DO OVER!  I tried a headband but looked scary.  I finally settled for slicked back in a double banded ponytail.  Not terrible, but I kind of looked like somebody who had just given up on life or spent a week in the hospital.  I decided to overcompensate with makeup and went with  very smoky eyes and dark red lips.  Now, not only could nobody think I didn't care about my appearence, but might actually mistake me for one of the girls in the Addicted to Love video! 



A fantastic red silk scarf, swingy black mid length trench coat, jeans  and killer earrings later,  I decided to brave the real world with Maddie.  We went bowling.  I think this was a bit of a strategic move on my part because I was running on the assumption that many people at the bowling alley wouldn't be in full makeup with a bold wardrobe choice.  I was pretty much on the mark - although I was secretly coveting every woman's hair there.  The good news is I didn't get stared at with looks of distain or pity.  I gave today a 4.5 out of 10.


Tomorrow I may cave - I am meeting up with a friend of mind so our daughters can play at Rand Farm Park.  This friend is Ukranian and VERY stylish - I have never seen her look anything less than amazing.  She may not want to hang out with me anymore if I can't get my hair to pass muster and I really enjoy her company.


In a last ditch effort to follow this through and not look like a sleazebag tomorrow,  I did a bit more research today on how to manage manky hair. It seems that Apple Cider Vinegar is supposedly the way to go. Everyone has been swearing by it even the women with baby fine chin length bobs like mine.  I shall give it a go, but friends, I really do feel that this may be a lost battle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment