2 January 2010

Starbucks on Speed




Okay to preface - I did not go to Starbucks on any kind of upper (for those that know me that would just be silly).  I did however, go to Starbucks this morning with my friend Rachel and her WAY to gorgeous baby Lily and was overwhelmed by the difference between the service at her Starbucks and the service at mine.

Hers:
"Hi y'all - Oh my goodness, will you look at that baby - she is gorgeous - what can I get y'all today.  Two lattes with very specific instructions - great - y'all have a marvelous morning and enjoy your coffees - enjoy that precious baby - she is too cute for words!"

Mine:
"Are you ready to order?  We can't make that."

Hers:
There were about 10 people ahead of us and we still got our order in about 2 minutes.

Ours:
If  more than 2 people are in front of you - expect to wait 10 minutes (per person).

Most of England is just not about customer service in the way that much of America is - I am not saying it doesn't exist, but over here it is more of the norm.  What is weird is that I have lived in the UK long enough now, that I sometimes feel that the friendliness that smacks you in the face in places like a Starbucks are a bit disconcerting.  I was taken aback by the thought of them caring so much about my day and then I realized that I missed it very much.  Okay, so in reality they might not have actually cared at all, but if I had to choose between my Starbucks and hers - I say bring on the Southern hospitality!

0 comments:

Post a Comment